Wednesday, March 20, 2013

On the Plus Side (Chubby Girl Chronicles, #1)On the Plus Side by Tabatha Vargo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OMG! I mean literally OMG! I love this book. After I finished this book, gosh, I can barley call it that; it's like a masterpiece. I told the author I didn't really just enjoy it, I devoured it. It was can't-stop-reading-what-happens-next-omg amazing.

At my first glance at the paperback cover and the amazon description, it would have been like a cougar and a young guy. That's what I thought when read 'she was loaded' and a hot guy. That and the bills sticking in her panties, I thought maybe she was loaded by being a stripper so I skipped over it when I seen it advertised. LOOKS ARE DECIEVING! Because when I looked up the kindle edition, I felt more curious and went ahead & bought it.

OMG! It was nothing like my brain thought. The girl is early 20's and she ends up getting the $$ somehow (buy this book, because I won't give out spoilers if I can help it). She's a thick girl, with no problem with her size. That's just how she is, like most of us plus size woman, we got teased/bullied when we were younger and maybe not so younger but you know what I mean on that score. Chubby to me, is fat to skinny bitches. Love skinny girls too, my mother and sister are so I'm not judging but anyway. She meets this hot as all get out, Henry Cavil hot, type guy all tatted and rough hands mechanic. Hmm... the picture of mmm..mmm.. Yummy!

This hot guy Devin was into the whole skinny girls, lay em and leave em type until he meets Lilly. After first encounter, you start seeing him change his thoughts on big girls.

This awesomeness that I call a masterpiece, got me flustered with anticipation, I didn't want to put this book down, and working in a restaurant that's hard when I'm dealing with customers but I read most of it and finished it last night. It got me hot, I 7 out of 10 times skips sex scences or skim read them but reading these scenes I couldn't. I have never felt my face get all flushy and blushy from reading a book, and some of the parts its just the way he looks at her!

I cried near the end when I thought all hell was breaking loose. And cried happy tears because I didn't want this book to end. That's novel to me too because standalones usually end good but I don't want to see the end of Devin and Lilly. The ending was so amazing though.

I recommend this book to all women. Skinny witches to fat & chubby girls. Hey I am apart of that club so I can say that. This book will get you all kinds of happy and excited and- god I might have to reread it. I am that enthralled at reading it!

After buying the kindle edition, which is only $2.99, so amazingly cheap, BUY IT!, I went to my amazon prime site, and bought the paperback.

I usually never buy the papaerback anymore unless the book is like OMG I HAVE TO HAVE MORE THAN ONE COPY! feeling. Since having a kindle, buying paperback isn't too much of a concern unless im buying the rest of series I already had. I never never buy paperbacks, so having to buy the hard copy right after and I mean RIGHT AFTER reading this is saying something to all who read this!

I loved this book. I couldn't put it down. 100 billion, zillion STARS to Tabatha Vargo! I am anticipating how's Lilly best friend Shannons story plays out! I am on the edge of my seat desperately waiting for more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment