Monday, June 22, 2015

Imitation (Imitation series) by Heather Hildenbrand, Review

Okay, just a short note before i go into my normal schpeal. (Yeah that's not spelled correctly, IDC!) i will say this. Sometimes i find my self in limbo about reading another YA series from the same author. It's just not quite the same vibe that you get when you read their first series. Because you're already attached to the heroine that in that series and for me, it's hard to change that perpestive. So in saying, i was hesitant in reading Imitation. Why did i buy it then? Well, one, why wouldn't i? I mean, i loved her other books, of course i was going to buy the rest of them and they sounded really good. that, and i support the support the authors i love to read, even if i don't necessarily read the book(s). the questioin always is, will i read them though? It's iffy. So at first when i started reading imitation, i'm like get to the good part already. And of coruse when it ended I'm like. OMGEE that book was amazing.

I am so glad i did! I loved reading Imitation. I saw this author at UtopYA2015 and i got Imitation along with her two other books. And I read through this book rather quickly. I loved Ven's character.




Everyone is exactly like me. There is no one like me.

Ven wrestles with these contradicting truths every day. A clone of wealthy eighteen-year-old Raven Rogen, Ven knows everything about the girl she was created to serve: the clothes she wears, the boys she loves, the friends she loves to hate. Yet she’s never met the Authentic Raven face-to-face. Imitations like Ven only get to leave the lab when they’re needed—to replace a dead Authentic, donate an organ, or complete a specific mission. And Raven has never needed Ven . . . until now.

When there is an attack on Raven’s life, Ven is thrust into the real world, posing as Raven to draw out the people who tried to harm her. But as Ven dives deeper into Raven’s world, she begins to question everything she was ever told. She exists for Raven, but is she prepared to sacrifice herself for a girl she’s never met?

Fans of Cinder, The Selection and Sara Shepard’s Lying Game series will love Imitation, a thrilling, action-packed novel sure to keep readers guessing until the very last page.

This is a new release of the previously self-published title.

I will say, i loved this book entirely and can not wait to dive into Deviation. HOWEVER! I think i will wait until Generatio nis out before i read book two. I am happy the way it ended in book 1 and Ms. Hildenbrand said something wicked abotu how book 2's cliffy is...so i might wait. I don't want to hold an angry rage at her. haha. Just kidding. But seriously. I will wait. I loved reading this from her and can't wait to read the other two books of her i bought! See you soon!


Me & Ven waiting for my flight in Nashville, Tennessee.


Me & Ven and now Linc! poolside!



FINSIHED AND LOVED!!!
And also, book 1 and book 2 are only $2 (as of this post) and i will tell you it is a good investmant. GO FOR IT! You won't be dissappointed and if you are...you have no taste. and this is coming from a reader who doesn't care for YA! Just FYI!




1 comment:

  1. I love that you took Imitation on a photo shoot! Loved this! Thanks so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete