Monday, June 22, 2015

Grey by EL James, Review

At first i thought in my head....Christian's POV? Uh? YAAAAS! I mean come on. This girl needed to know about CG and his whacky brain. I mean hello! Everything that's happened to him, it was a given. I had to get this book. ALSO, i read it in like 5 hours. SO BAM! I INHALED THIS BOOK! It's in my review, but i think Grey, FSOG as told by CG is TOPS! I mean, so much better than Ana's POV. Sorry, but that's how i feel. I felt that FSOG in Ana's POV was repetitive and if i heard 'once more, or my inner goddess' one more time, blah. Sorry. Not really ho i like reading my romance. BUT i loved the series. The series, all three books were amazing. No doubt. I just didn't care for the repetitve words sometimes. Story line was great. Um, in Grey, it is so much better written. I could not put it down.

See the world of Fifty Shades of Grey anew through the eyes of Christian Grey.


In Christian's own words, and through his thoughts, reflections, and dreams, E L James offers a fresh perspective on the love story that has enthralled millions of readers around the world.


Christian Grey exercises control in all things; his world is neat, disciplined, and utterly empty—until the day that Anastasia Steele falls into his office, in a tangle of shapely limbs and tumbling brown hair. He tries to forget her, but instead is swept up in a storm of emotion he cannot comprehend and cannot resist. Unlike any woman he has known before, shy, unworldly Ana seems to see right through him—past the business prodigy and the penthouse lifestyle to Christian’s cold, wounded heart.  

Will being with Ana dispel the horrors of his childhood that haunt Christian every night? Or will his dark sexual desires, his compulsion to control, and the self-loathing that fills his soul drive this girl away and destroy the fragile hope she offers him?


This book is intended for mature audiences.


OKAY! Now to my highlights!

Here, he's so teenage like. And you see how he reacts to her. He has no idea how to approach her. Not really. Of course he wants her and he wants her to be his 'submissive' but he already knows Ana is somethign different to him. That's like already a given. How he acts with her is different than his other submissives, even without having to read about the other 15, you know he's different with Ana. I liked this. 


Yes. Here he does show his alpha side, but I think it's more than just his DOM showi ng. Sorry, you'll never convince me he's a real DOM. Sorry, i've read a lot of DOMs before. CG is not a Dominant where Ana is concerned.
I just really liked that. I loved reading his POV. 
that one too.

See how he reacts to her/ How insecure he is about himself? It's so obvious how he's still locked into that young teenage boy who's never been on a date, or really talked to a girl. In my opinion, i think if Ana had met CG when he was this 15 year old boy, than it would have been so much better. (of course if Ana was his age then...lol)

See! Yet again, his insecurites show and you get so much from his brain in this book. See how 50 shades he really is because of Mrs. Robinson and her pedoself.
Exactly. You see how he wants to change. He want to be better for Ana. He knows something is wrong with how he's been 'brought up' by that sicko, Elena. 
LOVE THIS!
HAHA! I couldn't help it. I loved this seenn. Nice? Nice. NICE? It's like WTF!?!?!?
Hey....he just might!

Yes i looked up that word. I was like fellates? WTF? Really? In my head i'm thinking just say 'as she sucks my dick' lol) But hey... new word for me to know! 
I loved how that represents a new day. The sunrise. 'the newborn sun' it does have so much promise, right?

So yeah. Those were my favorites. Hope you enjoyed it! I loved reading Grey. It has so much potentional for Darker and Freed in his POV and i really hope EL James decides to pursue this. I woudl love to read him and his perspective through out the rest of the series!



No comments:

Post a Comment