Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Early HUMP day musings.... (i'm over 21- i cuss... i'll post that discussion next time!)

Good morning and happy HUMP day! Mid-day week is always a fabulous thing... unless you work in a restaurant, then it doesn't really matter. lol. I know I don't post very often. I don't have internet at home, so I'm stuck with posting whenever I can for now. I don't have that many followers, yet. But I am going to change that this year. I am facebooking most of the time if i'm not busy working at Chili's, making my small business thrive, WRITING, cause I would love to finish Anchor Me. I am half way done. My mother says why rush? I say because my mind is working it and my characters want to tell their stories. Yeah, no she doesn't understand that and that's cool. She'll buy my books, even if she never reads them... Yeah, no comment. Ever since Love Came Back, came out, I've learned a lot, but I am still in dire need of more information. I would love to blog more and get out there more this year. I'm still green to this stuff.

I have been so blessed in my life to have the freedom to do what I want, which is to write. Maybe one day soon, i'll be able to not work as much so I could focus on that dream. I love to write and make swag. It's a thriving business, for both I've seen. I've friended authors but there's a select few that have actually mentored the shit out of me. Or just made really good friends out of them. They are an awesome set of womenthat when I probably meet them, i'll turn fangirl and be like OMG!!!! AAAHHH you are famous! And i'm meeting you.
Example: I email back and forth with Bijou Hunter aka Angela Horn and she came to Houston for a book signing and OMG! It was surreal. I never thought i'd ever meet an author I love reading. We are pen pals and both anti-social wenches but we were anti-social wenches together. It was so awesome meeting her.

And like OMG, in February, Maya Banks has a book signing here in Houston, WHICH I AM GOING, I love her books. the Sweet series, and her KGI series. AH! SIGH! To die for. I love action packed novels (KGI) with military heroes who turn security firm or whatever, and the whole bdsm type books (sweet series, but SO TASTEFUL not like rough and crap bdsm,.. might be taking it out of context but you'd have to read those books to get my meaning) but anyways... I am REALLY hoping to go. But on the page for the event it says for every book I bring, I have to buy one... ugh. What. The. Fuck? I have over a dozen MB books. That's a serious load of doe that big mama (me) just ain't got. But i'm gonna see about that. Maybe my maxed CC will be paid off. mostly lol.

AND I was invited to Houston BookRave in November! When I get the link I'll be posting that shit all over the place. I'm super excited for the opportunity! Well that's all for now, I gotta get ready for work. FYI, I am an expeditor for Chili's Bar & Grill. I work almost every day and one day, I might be a best seller sowher ei don't have to work... as often.. because hey I wouldn't quit because I get 50% discount... and I really do like working in restuarants.. the hustle the bustle... but the drama is a PITA, but that's life in a restaurant. The song... "Blowin' Smoke" by Kasey Musgraves... (hopefully that's her name spelt right lol if not sorry my bad) comes to mind when I think about work.... It's a restaurant workers theme song...

In the words of Elliot Grey (50 Shades, GREAT SERIES)
LATERS, BABY!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment